What is Search Engine Optimisation?
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a method used by web developers to increase the amount of visitors to a website. As most people do not look at the second Search Engine Results Page (SERP). Therefore most businesses like their website to appear on the first SERP.
There are webmaster guidelines that are followed, these can change without warning so developers have to keep themselves up-to-date to maximise the benefits of their skill set.
There are several ways to get a website ranked higher, one way is unpaid ‘natural’ or ‘organic’ or ‘earned’ this is where a developer changes or adds sections in the ‘code’ of a website so search engines will favour the site and rank it higher, another method is paid, where you pay the search engine companies to rank your site higher.
There are 5 things all LOCAL BUSINESSES should do to help them with SEO:
- You MUST have a Google My Business account, you need to verify with Google that your business exists. https://www.google.com/business
- You MUST add your business to business directories. Examples are True Local, Yelp, Hotfrog & Yellowpages to name a few.
- You NEED online reviews that come from Google and your business directories.
- Your WEBSITE needs to tell people what you do and what is your location.
- You need back-links – these are the hardest to obtain, if you have the first 4 tips in place then you can focus on gaining back-links.
If you need help understanding more about this, please contact me tarawhitie.com/contact
Search Engine Optimisation $ 50 per hour